Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mural & Happy Birthday

Yesterday was my 31st birthday!~


Can you believe it?
This time last year I was moped-ing around Greece.


Ah, how time flies.

When we last left our mural it was in this state:



Then I spent the morning taping off the edges:



Here is a detail shot of the edges before I begin painting for the day:

Before

This is so I can create sharp clean lines when I render the panels.
I laying in light and shadow which gave me this effect:


After

This is what the whole wall looks like after I have spent the better part of my birthday painting:




Then I peel off the masking tape and paper borders to reveal this:

Voila!~

Next I will go back in and render the rivets and do some detail art along the edges. Matthew mentioned wanting to put some quotes up. I am thinking "Work is Love Made Visible" by ~Khalil Gibran above the door since that is our unofficial motto here at the garage.

If you've got any good ones, send 'em my way.

Happy almost-Thanksgiving everyone!


Gobble Gobble!

No comments: