Friday, August 21, 2009

Training begins

Last night my marathon training officially began.

I felt like a stranger in a strange land entering my gym last night after not-entering it for so long. Thankfully it was was mostly empty. Being warmer now most people (I imagine) are spending more time working out outside. I am one of those strange people who likes running on a treadmill.

I ran a mile and a half and decided mid-run to pause, stretch my twanging knee and come back to the treadmill after I did my core work. Some arm weights, ab work, agility stuff. I know that in order to make a serious effort towards running long-distance (something I have never been good at) will require the nimbleness of my joints.

I ran the last mile and a half with a much smoother stride.

The schedule (for those of you who want to play along at home) goes like this for the next 2 weeks (in miles):

MON 3 | 3
TUES (REST)
WEDS 3 | 4
THURS 3 | 3
FRI (REST)
SAT 4 | 5
SUN

Can you read that?
No. Don't worry about it.
It's just easy miles until the real training begins.

No comments: