Thursday, January 22, 2009

My first 5k


I signed up for my first road race EVER.
I'm not nervous about it either.
Not really.

AP assures me there are plenty of walkers/joggers so I'm sure to be faster than somebody which is heartening. I've begun my post-holiday work out routine and it's been my salvation. I don't know about you but when I sit around for more than a couple of days my body gets antsy. Despite my long history of Division 3 college athletics I have never raced. The Simmons soccer team used to do an annual 5k but those of us on the Field hockey and Softball teams didn't have to. Oh, you crazy soccer folks.

I'm keeping true to my Irish heritage, too, by deciding to run the St. Patty's Day race which begins and ends near no less than 3 pubs! How's that for classy. Meghan says we should make some green-themed outfits to run in and I am all for that. Standing next to the tall kids I just might look like a leprechaun.

Sekiah want to climb up here?

Speaking of kids the babies came to visit me today!

They were the happiest surprise of my otherwise mediocre day. I'm nursing an emotional hangover from yesterday. Even the happy fact of my upcoming ski trip can't raise my spirits. Not the way my babies can. Papa Jack says he'll bring them by again tomorrow.

I'm going to back to listening to nothing but Ani.
All day long baby.
All day loooong.

Peace.

No comments: